Monday, September 27, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
This song is inspired by Candy's blog post today...
Friday, September 24, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Grandma Stagg, R.I.P.
* Grandma Stagg was known for her little chocolate chip cookies that packed more chips than cookie.
*Grandma made the best homemade kolaches. ALL FLAVORS.
*Nothing in the world will ever taste like the Polish sausages (both fresh and smoked) from the basement oven and broiler at Grandma's.
*Don't even get me started on the little Easter lamb cakes and other baked kitchen goods from Grandma's.
* When Grandma got her cute lil' baker oven mitts on peezel pastry machine...it was a factory phase.
* Grandma leaves a super woman legacy
-she spoke fluent Polish
-she was very spiritual
-she raised two great girls into women and two great boys into men
-she took care of my Grandpa ("Papa Frank) at all times...at all costs
*she loved the freshly fallen snow (with no footprints
*all the neighborhood children loved visiting
* her favorite part of the newspaper and magazines were the editorials
*she loved to surround herself with family
*lots of chicago style AM radio polkas were played in her kitchen.
*her favorite movies were "The Apple Dumpling Gang"
*her favorite tv shows had to have a "Everybody Loves Raymond" style
* Grandma saw lots of change in one lifetime ( c'mon cobblestone and brick streets with horse and buggy to now...in Chicago of all places
*Now Grandma gets to see her ol' black kooky poodle named LUCKY, her son, my Uncle Bobby, and Papa Frank her husband forever in spirit
*Grandma's favorite color is purple.
* Don't even get me started on Stagg Bread.
HAPPY HEARTS CLUB FOREVER GRANDMA!!!