Sunday, October 17, 2010

Little Big


From Amazon: Little, Big tells the epic story of Smoky Barnable -- an anonymous young man who meets and falls in love with Daily Alice Drinkwater, and goes to live with her in Edgewood, a place not found on any map. In an impossible mansion full of her relatives, who all seem to have ties to another world not far away, Smoky fathers a family and tries to learn what tale he has found himself in -- and how it is to end.

I took a long time to read this novel. I finally finished reading John Crowley's Little, Big! I have to thank my friend Andy for wakein' me up to it. It took me longer to read than it should have-only because silly American life got in the way too many times. I highly recommend this book. It is very magical. A helpful chart is included upfront if you want to keep track of all the characters and their relationships to one another. When it comes to fantastical fictional worlds-I usually get lost in the worst way-not this time-every corner had brightness n' darkness with magic. It is a huge wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home