Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tastes Good With Rice


Candy and I made curry. She prepped all the vegies. She parboiled the potatoes. Then she chopped celery and onions and put them in a bowl. Then she chopped carrots and cauliflower and put them in a different bowl. Then she chopped and smashed garlic with salt and put them in a little blue container. I'm supposed to know it's called a ramikin just like I use a salad spinner.

First I put in the the oil and the butter on a high flame. When the butter melted then I put in the onions and celery and I cook them till they're clear. Then I put in the garlic. Then carrots and cauliflower. Stir and cook and then pour in the beer.
Octoberfest German Leinenkiugel's is what we used. A whole bottle. Stir it then put the cover on it. Time it ten minutes then taste the carrots and cauliflower until they reach a soup like consistency. About 15 minutes. Keep tasting it. Then pour in potatoes and add Trader Joe's Curry Simmer Sauce. Stir it a lot. Turn off heat. Add a lot of organic plain yogurt.


For other recipes go to The Underground Baker.

6 Comments:

Blogger rauf said...

Should go well with Rotis as well.

10:57 PM  
Blogger DILLIGAF said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm....my keypad is now full of drool......;-)

2:38 AM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Curry with beer in it...? Interesting.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous mister anchovy said...

yum! beer makes excellent cooking sauce...I use it for braising meat as well.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer is good for cooking and so is wine - of course!!

STAGG

5:49 PM  
Blogger Beej said...

Good recipe Stagg! and I love how you tell it. Did you serve it on rice?

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home